Tuesday, January 31, 2012

not another new script

What is it about getting halfway through one script that causes a fully formed idea for another to come bursting into my head? This one sort of scares me but it actually says something important that I think needs to be said today. It deals with school bullying and school shootings, but the weird thing is that it is trying to be a comedy. What the hell? I'm not sure how this will be recieved if it ever sees the light of day. I guess I'm going for the Mel Brooks theory of if you can't laugh at the evil then the evil has won by making the topic too sacred.

I didn't enjoy high school and this will touch on those topics. I've always said I don't agree with those who shot up their schools but I understood where they were coming from. I was in college during the times of the shootings at Springfield and Columnbine happened. So I was close enough in age to remember being the loner in high school and not feeling like I was accepted by the in crowd to understand.

Anyway i need to get back to writing but thought I'd put this out there.

1 comment: